Due to Sourceforge Hosted Apps retirement, we are moving BioPAX wiki, and further edits will not be saved. We also consider using the BioPAX.org site, forum, Google Docs, and issue tracker instead of wiki for all ongoing and future BioPAX discussions and documents.
BioPAX : Biological Pathways Exchange
BioPAX is a standard language that aims to enable integration, exchange, visualization and analysis of biological pathway data. Specifically, BioPAX supports data exchange between pathway data groups and thus reduces the complexity of interchange between data formats by providing an accepted standard format for pathway data. It is an open and collaborative effort by the community of researchers, software developers, and institutions. BioPAX is defined in OWL DL and is represented in the RDF/XML format. BioPAX Paper was published in Nature Biotechnology in 2010.
- The BioPAX Forum
- BioPAX Level3 Announcenment
- BioPAX Specification and Documentation
- BioPAX Governance
- BioPAX Workgroups and BioPAX People Pages (Add yourself!)
- BioPAX Proposals
- Next Workshops: COMBINE 2014, HARMONY 2014
- Last Workshops: COMBINE 2013, HARMONY 2013, Biocuration 2014 (Toronto, ON)
and computational biologists interested in downloading and analyzing pathway data:
- Level 3 Ontology (browse) covers metabolic pathways, molecular interactions, signaling pathways (including molecular states and generics), gene regulation and genetic interactions.
- Level 2 Ontology (browse) supports metabolic pathways, molecular interactions, protein post-translational modifications and the PSI-MI
- Level 1 Ontology (browse) supports metabolic pathways
- Pathways in BioPAX format
- Biological software supporting BioPAX
interested in building software using BioPAX:
- The BioPAX Project at SourceForge
- Introduction to OWL Web Ontology Language for Medical and Biosciences Applications
- Tutorial on accessing BioPAX content using Jena
- Software Development Tools
- Previous Presentations and Publications
- Past meetings
- Original Wiki Archive
We encourage everyone to simply pick a Random Page to review and edit.